Skip to main content

Liquid Chalk spray! Chalk Idea #7

Last week we tried out the fizzing sidewalk chalk- click here to read that review.

This week it is liquid chalk spray.  They are a bit similar but yet different.  Here is how to make it:


Supplies:

1 tsp. washable tempura paint

1 cup of hot water

1/2 cup of cornstarch

squirt of dishwashing liquid

1 squirt bottle- I found them at the dollar store

1.  Add cornstarch to one cup of hot water whisking to mix so that there are no clumps.
2.  Add one teaspoon of washable tempura paint and a quirt of dishwashing liquid.  Mix well.
3.  Pour it into your squirt bottles and shake well.
4.  Go have fun!!!  

This kept my daughters attention much longer the the fizzy chalk last week.  I also think this was easier to work with and just more fun in general.  I love seeing the chalk wet but then to see it dry.  I think it dried darker so it was fun to see the changes.  :) 
Ready, Set, Go!  Have some fun!


She is my little model... she kept saying "take my picture mom."

She is like her daddy, when he is working hard he has his tongue out of his mouth too.  LOL

She had it all over herself here!  LOL

When it is dry this is what it looks like.  :) 
I also learned an important mommy lesson during this fun project.  Since my daughter was enjoying it so much I told her she could keep playing while I made dinner.  I came back outside to see her work and to my surprise she went around every where spraying!  OOOPS!  She sprayed the neighbors door, light post, little bird figurine, tree, electrical boxes, siding on the house, rocks, patio furniture, car door, and even the couch since the door was open with only the screen shut.  LOL it was so funny my hubby and I had fun cleaning everything...with her help of course.  So make sure you keep an eye on your kids. LOL!!!  Good thing it is all washable and easy to clean up.  :) 



Comments

Pamela said…
This is cool. My grandblessings will like this . I'l bookmark it for sometime we can "be messy."

Adorable girls.
Becky said…
What an awesome idea!! I'm bookmarking it for later when my 2 year old is slightly older. Found you on Bee Friendly Friday... now following.
Have fun ladies! :) Hope you take some pictures and share with us your art work. :)
ChinaDoll said…
wow...I want to try those chalk spray but I guess I'm too old to play with it. hahaha
China Doll- you are never too old for fun! GO MAKE IT!!! and create!
I think we're gonna try this - or something similar - love it!
Kasia said…
Nice idea. I like the fact that it also involves training the motorics. Thank u for sharing
Aimee said…
She looks like she is having so much fun! Thank you for linking this post up to The Sunday Showcase!
momto8 said…
fun!! The bathtub paint is a great idea too! I am now following you..pls follow back if you can!

Popular posts from this blog

6 Word Saturday

My bed is calling my name!  

Knot Genie Review and Giveaway

If you have a little girl and have not heard of the Knot Genie then you need to watch the following video:   "The Knot Genie™ and Teeny Genie™ Detangling Brushes were created for every mom that has endured the foot stomping and screaming matches that come with brushing their child's hair. With the Knot Genie, even the curliest, most knotted up hair practically slips through the unique bristle configuration – gently and painlessly. Try the Knot Genie on your kids (or on yourself) – you'll be amazed by the ease of brushing, as well as how it virtually stops breakage and split ends. You've wished for hair brushing standoffs to end. Wish granted." My Review:  Thanks to the Knot Genie for sending me the product to conduct my review.  I was not paid for this review and all opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I know I have grown so tired of my daughter coming to tears every morning when we did her hair. I was becoming to think she was the most

Dry Idea: Deodorant Review and Giveaway

I know most of you know I was at kids camp last week and I think I mentioned the humidity and heat that we had that week!  I was daring as I only brought my new Dry Idea  deodorant  that I had never used prior.  I had no idea if it was going to keep me from smelling like B.O or if I was going to have sweaty pits. So how did the Dry Idea hold up to the hot and humid days at kids camp???  Arms raised high during worship in the morning and in the evening!  :)  I was dry and I did not stink!  :) WOOT WOOT!  I had the unscented brand and I usually do prefer a pretty scent but it worked and they do have scents which include powder fresh and cotton dry that I might try in the future.  :) The Dry Idea Roll-On is 24 hour protection, fast drying MicroCotton Formula, hypo allergenic, and contains Vitamin E.  :) Don't like roll on's??  They do offer Clear Gel and an Invisible Solid.  :) Dry Idea provided a free sample of their Advanced Dry roll-On so I could review them.  However,