Skip to main content

DIY-Bubble Snakes


This is going to be a favorite outside activity for my kids.  My daughter had so much fun blowing the bubbles while my 16 month old son had fun playing with the bubbles.  

Here is what you will need:
a plastic bottle
dish soap
water
Food coloring (optional) 
old sock
Tape or rubber band

How to make:
1. Cut bottom of plastic bottle
2. place sock over opening you cut
3. tape sock onto bottle 
4. mix soap and water in a dish 
5. dip sock in soapy water and blow
6. You can add some color by putting a couple drops right on the sock.  (can get messy)


We had purchased that juice for kids (Hog Juice or something) that has a sports bottle top.  It was shorter and the top has the cap that opens and closes and I think made it easier for a small mouth to blow but safer so they are less likely to swallow soapy water.  My 16 month old did try but he is a bit to young to understand blowing out and did end up sucking in and resulted in a mouthful of soapy water.  After that he had more fun playing in the bubbles.  

When we did use some food coloring it showed up real nice for the first few blows but faded fast so you might have to continue to add drops to keep the colors coming.

Another fun idea is to have a contest to see who can make the longest snake!  :)   

**Parents you too will have fun... I did!!  I also know my husband thinks these are super cool.  He came home from work and said "bubble blowers cool, where did you get those?" Then he thought it was even cooler when he noticed they were homemade!  :) 

Also, this was another Pintrest find!  A big shout out to Housing a Forest for posting this and pinning this for others to see!  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Word Saturday

My bed is calling my name!  

Knot Genie Review and Giveaway

If you have a little girl and have not heard of the Knot Genie then you need to watch the following video:   "The Knot Genie™ and Teeny Genie™ Detangling Brushes were created for every mom that has endured the foot stomping and screaming matches that come with brushing their child's hair. With the Knot Genie, even the curliest, most knotted up hair practically slips through the unique bristle configuration – gently and painlessly. Try the Knot Genie on your kids (or on yourself) – you'll be amazed by the ease of brushing, as well as how it virtually stops breakage and split ends. You've wished for hair brushing standoffs to end. Wish granted." My Review:  Thanks to the Knot Genie for sending me the product to conduct my review.  I was not paid for this review and all opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I know I have grown so tired of my daughter coming to tears every morning when we did her hair. I was becoming to think she was the most

Dry Idea: Deodorant Review and Giveaway

I know most of you know I was at kids camp last week and I think I mentioned the humidity and heat that we had that week!  I was daring as I only brought my new Dry Idea  deodorant  that I had never used prior.  I had no idea if it was going to keep me from smelling like B.O or if I was going to have sweaty pits. So how did the Dry Idea hold up to the hot and humid days at kids camp???  Arms raised high during worship in the morning and in the evening!  :)  I was dry and I did not stink!  :) WOOT WOOT!  I had the unscented brand and I usually do prefer a pretty scent but it worked and they do have scents which include powder fresh and cotton dry that I might try in the future.  :) The Dry Idea Roll-On is 24 hour protection, fast drying MicroCotton Formula, hypo allergenic, and contains Vitamin E.  :) Don't like roll on's??  They do offer Clear Gel and an Invisible Solid.  :) Dry Idea provided a free sample of their Advanced Dry roll-On so I could review them.  However,