Skip to main content

Learning Day's of the Week with Underwear

A couple weeks ago I took my daughter shopping to pick out some new underwear since hers were a bit snug.  She quickly picked out day's of the week underwear. Raise your hand if you had them when you were little, (HAND RAISED)!  I did not realized when I purchased the underwear how much learning took place with them.

Now I explained to her that it would be OK to wear them on the wrong day but do you think she wants to do that??  NOPE!!

Every morning this has been our routine...

Selah- "Mom, what day is it?"

After I respond she says, "hmmm what letter does that start with?"

Then I say the word again and sound it out.  After she gets the sound and letter right she runs to her room and finds the right pair.

So we have worked on letters and sounds and the order of days.  It is so easy to say "yesterday was _____, today is ______, and tomorrow is______.  Something that will become very familiar as she heads to 4K in a couple weeks.  We have also started singing more day's of the week songs.

Here is one that I learned a long time ago while working at a daycare in college:

Days of the Week (Sung to the Adam's Family)

Days of the Week (Snap Snap) 
Days of the week (Snap Snap) 
Days of the Week, Days of the week, Days of the week. (Snap Snap) 

There is Sunday, 
and there's Monday
There's Tuesday
and there's Wednesday.
There's Thursday
and there's Friday
and then there's Saturday

(Do chorus again)  

Watch this youtube video of the song.  
                                                         



You never know where you can make learning fun!!  I encourage you to look for more opportunities to teach your child.  :)

*Update*
Thanks to a reader, Kelli, for sharing this other christian days of the week son.  It is cute!  Check it out:

Comments

Kelli said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pyz537O-aE

is also a great days of the week song....
Thanks that is awesome... I am adding the embeded code to this blog post so people can watch that one too. :)
Betsy Price said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy Price said…
Love it!! Great use of everyday items. The songs are great.
Hopping in from The Sunday Showcase.

Popular posts from this blog

6 Word Saturday

My bed is calling my name!  

Knot Genie Review and Giveaway

If you have a little girl and have not heard of the Knot Genie then you need to watch the following video:   "The Knot Genie™ and Teeny Genie™ Detangling Brushes were created for every mom that has endured the foot stomping and screaming matches that come with brushing their child's hair. With the Knot Genie, even the curliest, most knotted up hair practically slips through the unique bristle configuration – gently and painlessly. Try the Knot Genie on your kids (or on yourself) – you'll be amazed by the ease of brushing, as well as how it virtually stops breakage and split ends. You've wished for hair brushing standoffs to end. Wish granted." My Review:  Thanks to the Knot Genie for sending me the product to conduct my review.  I was not paid for this review and all opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I know I have grown so tired of my daughter coming to tears every morning when we did her hair. I was becoming to think she was the most

Dry Idea: Deodorant Review and Giveaway

I know most of you know I was at kids camp last week and I think I mentioned the humidity and heat that we had that week!  I was daring as I only brought my new Dry Idea  deodorant  that I had never used prior.  I had no idea if it was going to keep me from smelling like B.O or if I was going to have sweaty pits. So how did the Dry Idea hold up to the hot and humid days at kids camp???  Arms raised high during worship in the morning and in the evening!  :)  I was dry and I did not stink!  :) WOOT WOOT!  I had the unscented brand and I usually do prefer a pretty scent but it worked and they do have scents which include powder fresh and cotton dry that I might try in the future.  :) The Dry Idea Roll-On is 24 hour protection, fast drying MicroCotton Formula, hypo allergenic, and contains Vitamin E.  :) Don't like roll on's??  They do offer Clear Gel and an Invisible Solid.  :) Dry Idea provided a free sample of their Advanced Dry roll-On so I could review them.  However,